>To all members:
>        I  think we could cut down the amount of mail considerably  if we would
>refrain from copying previous messages in our replies and if we would cease
>sending the same message more than once.  I personally find it somewhatt
>insulting when messages are repeated as if I  couldn t read it the first time.
>        Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Good day,
        There are times when the wonderfulness of technology causes the
double messages.  This problem has happened to me in the past and I was
unable to discern the cause.  As messages were sent I watched to determine
if they went out twice, they didn't.   I contacted my Internet carrier to
see if they might have a reason, they didn't.  I changed mail programs only
to find that it had occurred again.   I changed my TCP/IP server only to
find that they went out twice again.  I *never* sent the same message twice
but people received them twice.    I suggest that the delete key be used
quickly so that discomfort doesn't ensue.

        As for copying previous messages, sometimes this is needed so that
people can see the reply in context with the original message.  Certainly if
a new message has no tie with a prior message the prior should be deleted,
but netiquette suggests the copy method be used.

        Thus endth my 02 cents.
Jeff Jones