> From: IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Gail Stygall"  4-DEC-1995 22:50:11.51
> Subj: RE: Registering a journal in the CCCC bibliography

Dear CASLLers

A Canadian presence is needed especially for Canadian journals in the
CCCC Bibliography on Composition and Rhetoric.  A few Canadian journals
are waiting to be included.  If you could see yourself providing a
valuable service for your fellow Canucks, please read on.
I'm forwarding this for Gail Stygall, the present editor.

Henry Hubert

> Subject: CCCC Bibliographers Needed!
>

> The CCCC Bibliography on Composition and Rhetoric is seeking people who
> will serve as Contributing Bibliographers for this year.  We very much
> need colleagues willing to serve the profession by contributing to this
> important project and we especially need bibliographers who work in Canada
> and have access to Canadian journals in their libraries, journals which
> have been increasingly harder to assign in the U.S. because of library
> budget cuts or new journals that contemporary budgets won't accomodate.
> We want to include Canadian work in rhetoric, language, and composition,
> and consequently, we hope to enlist a group of Canadian Contributing
> Bibliographers who will work with us to produce next year's volume of the
> bibliography.
>
> Contributing Bibliographers are typically assigned 2-5 academic journals,
> or 1-2 commercial presses, or some area of DAI to search for
> articles/pieces of interest to college-level teachers of composition.
> Contributing Bibliographers annotate these articles/pieces (we provide
> thorough guidelines and support for this process) and send them to the
> Bibliography Editors (Gail Stygall, Editor, and Kathy Murphy, Associate
> Editor) for compiling.  The annual deadline for completed materials will
> be March 25, 1996 for 1995 entries.
>
> Contributing Bibliographers receive a free copy of the year's Bibliography
> when it is published by SIU and the CCCC.  At the request of Contributing
> Bibliographers, letters of commendation can be sent to department heads,
> deans, etc.
>
> If you would like to serve as a Contributing Bibliographer for the CCCC
> Bibliography project, please contact me, Gail Stygall, Editor, _CCCC
> Bibliography_ <[log in to unmask]>, Kathy Murphy, Associate Editor
> <[log in to unmask]>, or Arlene Plevin, Assistant Editor
> <[log in to unmask]> as soon as possible.  Please include:
>
> --name
> --e-mail and snail mail address
> --telephone numbers (office and home
> --areas of academic and pedagogical expertise
>
> Gail Stygall
> English, Box 354330
> University of Washington
> Seattle WA 98195-4330
> (206) 685-2384
> <[log in to unmask]> or <[log in to unmask]>

Henry A. Hubert                                 | [log in to unmask]
Department of English and Modern Languages      .
University College of the Cariboo               | Ph.  604-828-5236
P.O. Box 3010                                   . FAX  604-371-5697
Kamloops, B. C.                                 |
V2C 5N3                                         .