ABigail makes a VERY important and (for this discussion) useful distinction
between REED contributors/editors, etc., and REED users, who may be sometimes
be the same people but most often, I suspect, are not. And where, I ask
rhetorically, would either group be without the other? I confess I don't fully
recall how this discussion got started, but I trust it was NOT from a negative
criticism of REED's editorial policies for "failing" to provide every
conceivable type of information a user could POSSIBLY think up a need for. One
of the most profitable, for me, experiences of using resources such as the RRED
volumes is to see if what I'm looking for ISN'T represented. How else, again
rhetorically, would our data-foundations grow without some perception of what
yet REMAINS to be done? Further, and again I trust this was not part of
original inquiry, no one can or should do all of an investigator's homework for
her/him. REED protect us (!) from the despair of finding that what we think
we're discovering as a contribution to discourse has already been found,
indexed, reprinted, and stacked on the library shelf in a REED volume.

Count me a grateful, if sporadic, end-user of the butterfly-collector's hard
work. Contextualizing interpreters like me wouldn't get much done without it.

Cheers,
Naomi Liebler