>Does anyone know of a pallidotomy operation that has been covered by
>commercial insurance.
>
>All details via this list or email appreaciated
>
>joyce tames

I'm not sure what you mean by commercial insurance(is there any other
kind?).  Blue Cross/Blue Shield Oregon covered Ginny's pallidotomy in
December '95 with no hassles.  The hospital (Oregon Health Sciences
University) and the surgeon (Dr. Kim Burchiel) are both on BCBSO's
preferred list.

(As an aside, concerning the newsgroup discussion, I would prefer the list
remain a listserv list.  My ISP does not provide NNTP, which means I can't
access newsgroups.)

Best to all,
Pete & Gin Morgan