s been demonstrating a symptom which must be the result of
her PD. Yet, we have never seen it mentioned by anyone else with PD, and
haven't been able to find it in any of the PD reference books. Perhaps one of
you has or has heard of a similar symptom. If so, please let us know if you
have found any way of treating it.
 Starting some time ago, perhaps as long as a year, we became aware that
Lynne was having an increasingly difficult time inserting keys in locks,
fastening seat belts in cars and planes and doing other similar things. At
first we thought that the problem was visual, and so she started wearing her
reading glasses but this doesn't seem to help. When I look closely at what
she is doing, the key is always slightly canted, either up or down, or to the
right or left. With the key at such an angle, it won't go into the lock, no
matter how hard she pushes, of course.  The same applies to inserting one end
of the seat belt into the buckle.
 We all take these insertions so much for granted, that most of don't even
have to look - we do the job by rote. Yet, whether looking or not, Lynne can
get terribly frustrated and angry when she stands there for 10 minutes,
trying to get into our house, or trying to start the car. It can bring her to
the point of tears, and we have found no way to do anything about it.
Cognitively, she understands that the key must be straight, and tries to make
it go in correctly, but it stays canted.
 Can anyone comment or offer any advice? Thanks,
Jerry