>Are there really so many problems with the digest method that it
>won't work for folks who are feeling overloaded now?

Since I was one of those who started this whole thread, I'd have to say I could
certainly live with the present situation if it would make others comfortable.
However, there are some questions of "netiquette" that could make a difference
those of us with full mailboxes.

Hold one moment while I climb on my soap box :-)

When responding to someone else's post, it's important that some bit of the
 previous
message be included to give some context.  A message that says, "I absolutely
 agree"
is meaningless to the rest of us.  However it's rarely necessary to include all
 of
the original message (see above).

Also, I think there are many of us who would really appreciate personal messages
being sent only to the person intended.

Also, also, it's important that all of us to make our subject headers REALLY
specific.  "Sinemet" is a header I would ignore, given my father's situation and
 the
fact that the details of someone else's dosage are somewhat meaningless to me.
"When to Start Sinemet" is a message header I would absolutely want to read.

Okay, I'm off the soap box.  Thanks for listening.