Jerry,

Yes, Lynne's problem is due to pd, I'm sure, since it's one of my
symptoms too, and probably most everyone else's.  As a matter of fact,
it's one of the first things I've noticed.  Another weird effect is
looking for something in a crowded cabinet (or purse) and not being able
to find it even though it's there.

As for ways of dealing with the key/seatbelt situation, sometimes just
relaxing and taking a deep breath helps.  We have to accept the fact that
it takes us longer to do things than it does other people.  We just have
to live with it.  I refuse to let others do those things for me, even if
it means they have to wait for me. Everyone's been very understanding
about that.

Another problem is the fact that we go "off" unpredictably (or even
predictably) at inconvenient times.  Yesterday I was flying home alone
from a conference in Louisville and was "off" for several hours.  I was
sure to allow enough time to check in and get seated on the plane.  I
just relaxed, knowing the medicine would kick in eventually, and it did
(somewhere over Illinois, I think.)  Actually I brought it on myself by
eating some delicious Kentucky barbecue for lunch, and it was worth it.

Tell Lynne to do what she has to do, take her time, and not feel
self-conscious about it.  I know that's easier said than done, but what
choice do we have??

Pat