At 03:29 PM 3/2/96 EST, you wrote:
>Has anyone offered to take on the job of moderating a newsgroup? Maybe
>I missed it . Could someone explain exactly how one goes about finding
>a newsgroup  if one doesn't have   "web browser"  type software?
>Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 76/6+ Oxford,OH

Good day,
        Concerning a newsgroup, please be aware that an interner provider
does not necessarily have to provide access to *every* newsgroup on the Net.
It is perfectly acceptable for one to select a subset due to space or other
considerations.  There is no assurance that a specific newsgroup would be
available to everyone who has an IP address.

        As for a news reader, this is a different application from a web
browser, although there are browsers that allow you to access newsgroups.
Netscape is one browser that does this.  WINVN is a separate application
with the express function of accessing newsgroups.  I haven't paid attention
to others because I prefer WINVN.  I have an IBM compatible system with
Win95.  This ISN'T an advertisement, just an answer to a questions.

Take care,
Jeff, CG for Becky, 50/14+ Seattle, WA