Good day,

        I thought I'd share something that Becky seems to have discovered
concerning pains in her lower stomach and her side.  Becky was first
diagnosed with PD about 14 years ago.  Last spring she began having pains in
her stomach and all up and down her side.  Her doctor decided that it was
irritable bowel syndrom and prescribed appropriately.  It didn't help.  Her
neurosurgeon decided that maybe she needed a "drug holiday" and checked her
into a hospital.   Never again!  There's no need to make anyone go through
that again.  The pain in her side didn't go away.  In fact it was sometimes
very debilitating.

        The pain seemed to be associated with the ingestion of food,
particularily complex foods that require more to digest.  This past weekend
she told me that she's been using a product called Beano when she eats.  Her
opinion is that this is helping her to digest the food without the attendant
pain she's had for so long.

        This isn't an advertisement.  It's just information that might help
others.  The ingredients in Beano are:  water, sorbitol, alpha-galactosidase
enzyme, salt, disodium citrate, and potassium sorbate.  Years ago, in
chemistry class, my unknowns always were, so I haven't a clue what these
things are.  Bottom line, Becky feels that following the directions on the
bottle has helped her to improve her quality of life by eliminating most of
the pain.

Jeff Jones, CG for Becky, 50/14+, Seattle WA