        Verice, both Gordon and I were teachers and both worked with
children who were or should have been on Ritalin. At that time, Dr. Lendon
Smith, Portland, Ore., pediatrician was active as one of their daughters was
hyper-active.I can't believe  there aren't in-depth studies of this
drugavailable.
        The child in my class leda normal life with this drug. Without it,
one quakes to think. Can this be 20 years ago? I guess.
        This super-charged child has no relation to Gordon's problems. It
startled me to even think of it. however, I am no pharmacist and we all know
the oddities of medications.
        Regarding, your child.Dr. Smith's daughter, asa young adult, managed
her own medications. She was then in College.
        Your friendly librarian would research this for you.