Hi! My name is Katherine Gale and I'm a new member too.  I would like to
thank Maryse for speaking up- I have been quietly reading away and was a
little reluctant to speak out.  You see, I too am a student studying
PD (alas, only at the Master's level!).  I also am from Canada (Manitoba)
and am currently in the USA studying (Kansas State University).My major is
Speech-Language Pathology so I am interested in hearing from any one who
has noticed changes in the quality of their speech or ease of communication.
I would be especially interested to hear if anyone has noticed changes in
their speech as a result of pallidotomy, thalamotomy or pallidal stim.
I thank you all for your wonderful letters, I have enjoyed reading them.
As for the original purpose of this forum, I feel that the users should
dictate! I am deeply grateful that such a wonderful support group is
available,  it is reassuring to know that no one has to feel alone.  As
for the quantity of mail received, I am grateful that there is so much!!
The few minutes I spend reading has taught me more about PD than I could
ever have learned from a textbook.  It has also allowed me access to some
phenomenal people!

Thank you,

Katherine ([log in to unmask])