Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 22:43:49 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What IS the purpose of this List?

Hi to Delana and those others who like or not get under our skin.
Of course, we share, we learn, we cry, and we commiserate.  Those of us who
are care partners try to reach and become the physical and cerebral
extensions of our mates (the preponderance of us are spouses).  We feel the
pain too, and we dread what is to come.  But by reading and learning about
it, we hope to be more accepting.  We reminisce about the good old days, but
today can still be the good old days of tomorrow.
J.P. said that  'posting a message to this list is like planting a seed', and
indeed the tree of knowledge that grows from it can yield rich fruits to be
savored.
Frankly, I totally abhor the alternative.
Michel