On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Edwin Partridge wrote:

>         Rachel Balsam said ----
>
> " Parlodel gave my father a spot on his lung and it started growing, so he
> " had to quit it.
>
> What a cliffhanger! Tell us more, please. What leads you to believe that
> the Parlodel "gave" your father a spot on his lung? When he quit the
> Parlodel, did the spot stop growing? Has the spot been diagnosed as
> cancerous, or what?

Sorry to have been too brief.  Its not my usual problem <grin>.  The spot
on my father's lung was not cancerous, but it definitly stopped growing
when he quit the Parlodel.  His neurologist did not believe it was the
Parlodel until the internist intervened and  explained it to him.  I'm
not sure of the whole story, but my father read the package insert or got
ahold of some other information which listed the spot on the lung as a
possible side effect.  When my father's neurologist wouldn't take him
seriously, my father went to his internist, who did take him seriously
and went to the neurologist.  The spot has been carefully monitored and
has not grown since quitting the Parlodel.

Rachel Balsam ([log in to unmask])