Hi!  My name is Debbie and I'm new on this list.  I have been on for a few
days but I have been busy reading all the mail!  My mother-in-law is has PD and
lives in an assisted living community.  I have many questions but the one most
prominant in my mind now is whether anyone else has experienced hyper activity
associated with PD?  She almost acts like a child with A.D.D. at times!  Is
this related to PD or is it a side effect of medicine?  She is taking sinemet
in pretty large dosages.  I have known other people with PD but they seemed
to have exactly the opposite reaction.  They were almost lethargical.  My
grandfather had PD in the later years of his life and he was anything but
hyper active.  My mother-in-law was diagnosed with PD almost 20 years ago
and has been on sinemet all those years.  She had inquired about palidotomy
but was told by her neuroligist that she was not a canidate for that.  She
had progressed too far to reverse the damage.  She is still mobile and does
fairly well most of the time.  It seems the dosage of medicine is one of the
big problems.  She either gets too much or too little, which causes many side
effects.  Any information you can give me will be helpful.  Some doctors just
can't or won't give very much info.  Thanks for listening and glad to be
aboard!  Debbie

                                  Debra White
                                  Admissions and Records
                                  University of Tennessee, Knoxville