To All,

I am posting a question on behalf of my mom-in-law, Suriaya
Lutchmedial. She was taking Sinemet 25/100 4 x day for the 11 years.
Last year her doctor uped her to 5 and started her on 1/2mg Permax
4 x day. She has never adjusted to the new meds-her bad times outway
her good (despite timing and dosage strength) and reacts even worse when
going back to 4. Her doctor told her that 5 Sinemet is the max and if
it doesn't work look into a Pallidotomy. Has anyone heard this as well?

From what we've have read, it seems like it is almost impossible to
have meds work 100%. Her on/off periods are irregular and don't
necessarily correspond with meds. Any hints? She read about CR at
bedtime and she has been sleeping up to 4 hrs at night (twice what
she used to).

Confused.
Thanks, Deanna Bartuccio