Deanna,

        My wife, who probably has "Parkinson's Plus," and after only 6 years is
totally dependent upon others, has taken Pamelor (10 mg, 3 capsules per day)
for several years. It has always seemed to help and has not been addictive,
nor are there any apparent side effects.

        However, I tend to agree with your overall assessment of depression
medications. I think that good family care is the best medicine for the mental
well-being of the patient.

        Beware of serious psychological problems that can suddenly arise when the
patient is over-medicated.

Porter Humphrey