Hello,

I just joined the list a couple of days ago and have found
the discussion very useful.  A couple of recent messages re:
mis-diagnosis prompted me to write.

Three weeks ago, my mother was diagnosed with PD and has been
taking Sinemet.  Her symptoms are: mild tremors in both legs
when she sits, a slight imbalance, a weak right hand, and a
stuped, shuffling walk - all signs of PD I guess.

What concerns me is that the neurologist completely ignored a
lump on her spine - located at the nape of her neck - and
numbness at the end of her spine.  Are these also signs of PD?

She seems to have better mobility on the Sinemet, but the
tremors have not been controlled.  We will bring her for a second
opinion, but I need advice on who she should see next... a
neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon?

Is mis-diagnosis of PD common or am I just wishful thinking?

Cathy Phillips