Katherine Gale and Maryse Leduc,  Welcome to the study of Parkinsonism.
There are many of us studying it as we cope with it.

Perhaps this mode of education will grow as social evolution of schools
continues.  The institutionalization of education did not encompass
scholars nor is education licensed only.  Some knowledge resides in each of
us and in many books that are available in libraries of all sorts.

Just learning to read is nearly a lifetime task, however.  Knowing all a
speaker or writer is trying to convey takes skills of memory as to what the
words mean usually and in the specific instance and context chosen.
Understanding that context and the jargon and slang are often important.
Putting thoughts into other words can help one to understand what was
meant.  learning well enough to teach the lesson is usually sufficient to
validly state that one understands.

Asking valid questions that challenge the experts is one of my goals in
participating here.  Hopefully, students will challenge the experts, too.
Of course, we require some experts to respond.  Some of the students will
become the experts of the future.

Maybe this was all obvious, but it might help someone.  Any discussion or
debate is of value.  Science is seeking to out-argue your peers.

Colleen Carey --- asked for her father whether PD is hereditary.  One
response was that it is not.  Dr. Duvoison believes it may be in contrast
to his earlier opinion.  The new edition of his book has a chapter on the
subject.  There are also several claims of genes related to some PD
patients.

I think Tony Schoonenberg may have experienced a word processo (that is
like a typo) in the date being February 1995.  Or, did his pallidotomy get
done retroactively?

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/