>To All and Deanna Bartuccio in particular:
        There is an important piece of information missing from Deanna's
message: why did her doctor increase her Sinemet to 5 per day. Ther must
have been one. Otherwise, her increased suffering since this event would not
be tolerated. Did she start immeiately with 0.5 mg Permax (pergolide) 4
times daily , 2 mg total.  That is alot. I can't tolerate more than 0.75 mg
(But it helps my PD). Has your mother had a consultation with a neurologist
who sees alot of patients with PD. I feel, unease with the way dosages were
adjusted and the introduction of possible pallidotomy to make up for the
therapeutic failures. Please do that. I am not qualified to treat patients
with PD.
        Good luck; keep us posted
        Steven E. Mayer [log in to unmask]

>I am posting a question on behalf of my mom-in-law, Suriaya
>Lutchmedial. She was taking Sinemet 25/100 4 x day for the 11 years.
>Last year her doctor uped her to 5 and started her on 1/2mg Permax
>4 x day. She has never adjusted to the new meds-her bad times outway
>her good (despite timing and dosage strength) and reacts even worse when
>going back to 4. Her doctor told her that 5 Sinemet is the max and if
>it doesn't work look into a Pallidotomy. Has anyone heard this as well?
>
>From what we've have read, it seems like it is almost impossible to
>have meds work 100%. Her on/off periods are irregular and don't
>necessarily correspond with meds. Any hints? She read about CR at
>bedtime and she has been sleeping up to 4 hrs at night (twice what
>she used to).
>
>Confused.
>Thanks, Deanna Bartuccio

Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D.