I've noticed this thread about leg movements during sleep.  Those of you
with newsgroup access may want to check the alt.sleep.disorder newsgroup.
There are often threads concerning two fairly common leg related disorders.

One is called "restless legs" and I credit that newsgroup for pointing out a
way for me to cope with it.  It turns out that a high percentage of restless
legs sufferers also get PD.  RL is is an intense, squirmy feeling in your
legs that usually attacks around bedtime.  Sometimes it makes sleep
impossible or it will wake you up in the middle of the night.  Curiously
enough, the best way to treat the symptoms is with Sinemet (also Klonopin
and Permax).

There is a related condition that is actually a sleep disorder called PLMD.
PLMD sufferers spend much of the night unknowingly thrashing their legs
about and disturbing their sleep partners.  However, they are not really
aware that they are doing it.  Also, I do not remember any references to
vivid dreams, etc.

People suffering with PLMD-like symptoms might want to refer to the
alt.sleep.disorders newsgroup.  Comparisons with non-PD'ers may prove
interesting.

        Ron Reiner 4= +6mos ([log in to unmask])