> Three weeks ago, my mother was diagnosed with PD and has been
> taking Sinemet.  Her symptoms are: mild tremors in both legs
> when she sits, a slight imbalance, a weak right hand, and a
> stuped, shuffling walk - all signs of PD I guess.
>
> What concerns me is that the neurologist completely ignored a
> lump on her spine - located at the nape of her neck - and
> numbness at the end of her spine.  Are these also signs of PD?

Cathy, a neurologist ignoring any lump with accompanying symptoms
should ilicit concern.  It would seem most appropriate for your mom to see
a very good internist (medical doctor) who will do complete blood
screening and address the numbness in her spine as well as the cause of
the mass.  As far as I know, the numbness you describe is not a PD
symptom.  The mass is certainly not.
-----
Shalom
Mary Ann