Bill-
Until recently my Mom, 68y/o,approx. 10 yrs. PD, fell at least once a week
for almost a year.  We had the fire department out here more times that I can
tell you because of not being able to get her up or being afraid to move her
until she was checked.  More than once, she fell FLAT ON HER FACE! ......also
to the side, backwards...you name it, she did it. Her doctor (before the
doctor she has NOW) recommended a walker, which helped SOME....that is when
she used it (kinda hard-headed and didn't want to become dependent on it...or
not READY to become so).  We changed doctors and he took her off a TON of
medicine and now the only PD medicine she is on is Sinemet Immediate release,
3 tablets every 3 1/2 hrs.  She is doing miraculously well considering her
state before the med change.  We changed doctors hoping to get a
pallidotomy.....however, even though he says she is an excellent candidate,
he wishes to keep her tuned up on medicine until that doesn't work anymore,
holding out on the pallidotomy as "last resort".  Good luck with the
falling....I know how you feel...I have rushed home from work more than once
to find my Mom lying on the ground....and once even sitting in the bathtub
because she was not able to pull herself up....she'd been there for 5 hours!
 It's very frustrating  for PD caregivers....at least it is for me because I
want my Mom to be like she used to be.....and know that she HATES  where she
is now!  Good luck with the pallidotomy...i'd be interested to hear the
outcome since I feel that it is definitely down the road for us...perhaps not
as far as we think.....
Pam Ebarb