Along with our monthly 'the way we were' message, I have a few
suggestions to make things a little easier for our members.

The default setting for the list is 'nerepro' which means you don't see
your own message when it is posted (unecessarily confusing but that's the
way it is).  To change that, send a regular email message to the
listserver, NOT the list, at [log in to unmask] and in the body
of the message type, set parkinsn repro.  That way you will know that
your message has been received.

If the number of messages per day is causing a problem, change your
setting from mail to digest.  To change that, send a regular email
message to the listserver, NOT the list, at [log in to unmask]
and in the body of the message type, set parkinsn digest.  That way you
will receive one message per day with all of the day's messages in it and
an 'index' at the beginning.  You can select which messages you want to
read and which you don't.

Hope these suggestions help.  barb

* Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network - created 8 Nov 93
*
*  Country        Subscribers
*  -------        -----------
*  Australia         28
*  Austria            1
*  Belgium            4
*  Brazil             1
*  ??? (BM)           1
*  Canada            59
*  Columbia           1
*  Costa Rica         1
*  Denmark            2
*  Finland            2
*  France             2
*  Germany           10
*  Great Britain     17
*  Hongkong           1
*  Israel             5
*  Italy              7
*  Japan              1
*  Korea              1
*  Malaysia           1
*  Mexico             1
*  Netherlands        7
*  New Zealand        5
*  Norway             1
*  Portugal           2
*  Russia             1
*  Saudi-Arabia       1
*  South Africa       5
*  Spain              4
*  Sweden             2
*  Taiwan             1
*  USA              846
*
* Total number of "concealed" subscribers:        42
* Total number of users subscribed to the list: 1114  (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of countries represented:          32  (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of local node users on the list:    0  (non-"concealed" only)
*