>From:  Jeffrey Romanyshyn <[log in to unmask]>
    <snip>
>The advantage to a subscriber listserv like this is: if
>you flame someone ("Net jargon for insult), you could be kicked off.
    <snip>
>be prepared to wade through alot of "Spams' ("Net jargon for junk-mail) on
>a Newsgroup.

I don't know.  I think the flame dangers are fairly remote.  Spams, maybe some.
 But
I'm on several newsgroups and spams are a miniscuole problem.  Perhaps PD might
attract quack cures, but those folks might get on the list and spam us all
 anyway.
Remember, it is possible to have a moderated newsgroup, if someone is willing to
wade through everything every day.