Stephen Wardwell[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
>I think the flame dangers are fairly remote.  Spams, maybe some.
> But
>I'm on several newsgroups and spams are a miniscuole problem.  Perhaps =
PD might
>attract quack cures, but those folks might get on the list and spam us =
all
> anyway.
>Remember, it is possible to have a moderated newsgroup, if someone is =
willing to
>wade through everything every day.

I agree--just ignore the spams and flames.  I prefer the newsgroup =
format, but at least with e-mail list, I get all messages.  I don't know =
about your news server, but mine, even with a good feed, misses quite a =
few messages, so there is the possibility of a large gap in the =
information.  To those who don't like having to wade through a mass of =
inbox messages, consider getting the mail in the digest format (one BIG =
message!).

Robert