Hi:
I was a research analytical chemist until I retired in 1990.  I worked mainly
with pharmaceutical with a short stint at a nuclear facility, and I have been
exposed to thousands of organic and inorganic chemicals, intermediates,
solvents, you name it.  Indeed they can be hazardous to your (and my) health.
Likewise, a listing of food staples found contaminated with extraneous
chemicals, or insect components, or rodent excrements is published
periodically by the FDA.  Should that not repel you, perhaps allergenic
substances will.  Then, we would have to eliminate most fats, carbohydrates,
and proteins from our diet.  Maybe that is why MY WIFE  is afflicted with PD.
 I guess I should have been more careful; and so I am trying ...in the
kitchen...
Good luck with your experiments.  Ciao.
Michel