My father has Parkinson's disease and has had a right side pallidotomy.  He
new neurologist has suggested that there is evidence that patience who have
the second side done are much more likely to have trouble with cognitive
skills afterwards.  Is there any hard evidence to support this?  If so,
there must be some "odds" that it can happen.  My father is determined to
have the second side done unless there is strong evidence against it.  The
surgery on the right side produced some results, but he did not
dramatically improve.  Thanks!
Brady Graham