                                 RTK.NET Mail 132445   Mar 12 16:22:36 1996

I just talked with Congressman Benjamin L. Cardin's (D-MD-3) legislative
 assistant for health, and she informed me that he decided to become a
cosponsor of the Udall bill last week.  His name has not shown up on the
list yet, which led me to make a flurry of phone calls when I got a letter
from him saying that he was a cosponsor, but I've been assured that they
will make sure his name appears in the next few days.

I didn't get information on what led Cardin to become a cosponsor, but
since the letters from a letter-writing session we held at my seminary
would have arrived early that same week or the week before, I like to think
we at least added to the hard work of others and made his decision a
little easier.

Recently Pam Dalby requested information on the Udall bill.  I've already
emailed her, but a description of the bill and other information is
one of those files I always keep around, so if you want more information
just email me and I'll send it to you.

Sherri Cave