Hello everyone.  My name is Geri and I have jsut subscribed to this
information line.  I went on line about a week ago and just found you by
chance.  Glad I did.  My father was diagnosed with PD 15+ years ago.

I've watched such a painful transformation in hime--especially these past
few years.  Both he and my mother are active members of a support group
here in Mahoning County (Ohio).  I used to go with them but as I became
older and work I can no longer attend meetings.

I know little about recent research or medical treatment of this disease.
All I know is that is progressive and non-curable and that it gets real
hard at times to see a man who was once strong and could do anything need
his daughter to cut his meat in a resaurant for him.

I've been reading mailings off and on this past week and see support,
information, love and frustration in the writings.  And I see there are
so many people out there who are involved.  It is kind of overwhelming!

Guess what this wordy newcomer is saying is "Thank you for this service.
Thank you for your honesty and compassion.  Thank you for this chance to
learn and maybe be helpful to my father in this journey he must take."

Geri DeWitt ([log in to unmask])