To All,

Does anyone know of a good neuro in Montreal. Suriaya's present and
long time neuro, Dr. Gauthier, has been steadily declining in his
quality of care.

He is very good and knowledgable, which is making him increasing
popular as time goes on. He is involved in much research associated
with the Centre for aging at McGill University. This has made him
terribly busy and he has begun to "ignore" his patients.  Suriaya
sometimes calls for a month before he "remembers" to call in a
perscription to the pharmacy. It is worse to see him. He also told
her that 5 Sinemets (25/100) is max and if she didn't adjust well, look
into pallidotomy.  As well, I read in some posts that CR at bedtime
helps with insomnia. Since she had trouble reaching him the first
time, my husband (a Dr.) prescribed her a few to try. It helped, but
she finished them off and when she mentioned that she "heard" CR
helped and wanted an Rx (she didn't want to mention that her son gave
her an Rx to try), he replied that he didn't believe in CR and didn't
give her an Rx.

So please, if anyone knows of a good neuro in Montreal, please let me
know. Thank you,
Deanna