Friends; Enclosed please find a copy of a letter writen by our fine
senator from Rhode Island, to Dr. Bruce C. Vladeck of the Health Care
Financing Administration:

Dear Dr. Vladeck:

     Enclosed please find a copy of an e-mail message from Mr. Ted
Nelson, a constituent of mine from Wakefield, RI.

     You will note that Mr. Nelson is concerned with a recent
recommendation by the Technical Advisors Group to exclude coverage
for Pallidotomy treatment for Parkinson's disease under Medicare.
Mr. Nelson also requests the documentation used to reach this
conclusion.

     It is my hope that you will be able to provide Mr. Nelson the
information concerning the panel's recommendation.  I would
appreciate receiving a copy of your response.

                                    Sincerely,

                                    (signature)

                                    John H. Chafee

I will keep you posted if I get a reply from Dr. Vladeck.

Ted Nelson  62  6  Pallodotomy  2/96