Sorry to have taken so long.  I was most impressed with the presentation on
Deprenyl.  I felt the doctor explained the situation very well and in a
manner that could be understood by most of us.  He explained that Deprenyl
blocked the oxidation of the dopamine producing cells and thus retarded the
progression of the disease.  He had been part of a study with 800
participants.  The overall results of the study indicated that
Deprenyl-Eldepryl does slow the progression of PD and he uses it in his
patients.  He even talked about the British study that indicated a higher
mortality.

His response was that they had look at many other studies done worldwide and
did not find any increased mortality.  He also reviewed their list of 800
and found not only was there no increase, but in fact there was a decrease.
He felt that maybe the older age of the participants in the British study
might have contributed to the increase.

I was so impressed by his findings that I am very relieved that Fuad has
been put back on the drug.

I hope I have not misrepresented any of the facts, but I tried not to get to
technical.

Barb CG  Fuad PD 60 - 3+