--------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------

Hello, Margaret;

Two messages here. First, I am replying to you because I find it almost
impossible (and certainly frustrating) to try to reply to the whole list
"Parkinsn".  You too are at a university. Do you use Pine 3.91 for your
mail? Regardless, do you have trouble doing a simple automatic reply to
the List? I've about given up.  Your advice would be great. Cheers.
As for what's below, will you kindly post it to the list? Thank you.

------------------
Dear Margaret and all;

I feel like an expert in falling asleep at the wheel, in the classroom,
at my computer and in fact anywhere. Fortunately, I can also fall asleep
easily in bed. Now, as to solutions:

1. Japan has a very low automobile accident rate for those accidents
caused by people falling asleep at the wheel. Why? The Japanese
apparently chew gum while driving. I works for me too. Story is, the
chewing tends to stimulate blood flow in your head.

2. Yes, do pull over and take a nap as soon as you can. Until you can get
to an exit on the freeway, sing loudly to yourself, scream, yell,
anything to stay awake. Surprise yourself with the sound of your
wonderful or appalling voice. Laugh at yourself until you can take a nap.

3. When you pull off the road, you can sometimes find a place where your
car would be protected by some kind of barricade.

4. I find that 15 minutes is about right for me. More than that and the
effect is wrong.

My most memorable sleep-at-the-wheel event culminated in me waking up to
find myself driving on the side of the road. But it wasn't MY side of the
road. Well THAT did IT!  (Smile.)

David

Message forwarded by Margaret Mates....an amatuer at this computer stuff
but learning as I go along.  Can anyone else give him more expert
advice on the use of the "reply" command?  I haven't had any luck using
it; can't get more info typed in or deleted....no matter what key I
hit nothing happens so I end up having to turn the computer off and
starting all over again and rather than replying I just enter a regular
message.  Eventually I'll get there.