>Jonathan Miller built his first U-Step for his mother after he concluded that
>existing walkers were prone to tipping.  In February 1995 and again in
>September, the United Parkinson's Foundation newsletter cited the U-Step's
>unique features.

I don't know if Fuad's new wheeled walker is the U-Step or maybe just
similar, but the neuro gave Fuad a prescription for a "newly developed"
walker with wheels and hand brakes.  The walker is terrific.  It has four
balloon tires the two in the front pivot making turns very easy.  It has
hand brakes that can be used on down hill situations or if his feet freeze
the brakes help him to restrain the walker.  The brakes can also be locked
and there is a small seat on it so that if he becomes tired he can lock the
brakes turn around and sit.  The walker we have comes with a removable tray
and basket for carrying things.  It gives him security and independence,
however, he has still managed to fall with it (he still leans to the right
side from his stroke).

Does anybody else have this fancy new style walker.