>Hi Everyone,
>
>In the YOPD I&R Center I get many calls from people who are struggling with
>issues around getting Disability both from employers and from Soc Security.
> Does anyone have any POSITIVE hints or experiences to share or any resources
>or articles that I should keep in my files to share with others?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Susan Reese
>APDA YOPD Center
>1-800-2239776

Fuad retired a year ago on disability.  Actually, his supervisor at the
police department chemistry lab suggested that he put in for it.  The
medication was causing problems with his reports.  He could no longer keep
pace with the work load.  The police department sent him to another
neurologist for confirmation.  That doctor happened to know our doctor and
said that if he felt Fuad was disabled then Fuad was.  Procedures that
normally take 4 to 6 months took only two.  Of course that was with the city
of Baltimore.  Social Security took all of the five month waiting period to
approve the disability, but they did it on the first attempt.  We had heard
that it might take several appeals, that very few claims are approve the
first time.  They did send Fuad to another doctor in a different state.  I
guess to get a totally unbiased opinion.  I believe that they are beginning
to realize that this is truly a disabling disease.

Barb  CG  for Fuad 61 - 3+