My mailbox is full and I haven't had time to check it in several days so I have
 no
idea if there have been further posts on this topic, but I'm going to respond
 now
anyway.

On March 3, MS JUDITH M RICHARDS <[log in to unmask]> wrote . . . . . many
 things
inreponse to my "netiquette" post about how to post.

>there are often times when we with PD have great difficulty
>with fine motor skills, rigidity, tremor, etc.

I understand this, and it horrifies me to think that anyone would
hesitate for a moment to send a message because they are worried
about not sending it "properly."  Clearly the human and support
aspects of the list far out weigh other considerations.  I was simply
trying to pass along information that others have passed along to me
in an effort to help everyone get as much as possible out of the list.
I aplogize if I offended.  It wasn't my intention.

>However, we are not all computer and/or internet gurus

True.  Neither am I.  Most groups have a FAQ -- a Frequently
Asked Questions file that is available on request.  Often, basic
netiquette is included there.  In newsgroups, this information is
often communicated to new users by experienced ones -- and
often not very kindly.  Sorry if I seemed unkind.

>Once diagnosed with PD, few of us would ignore anything with
>the word SINEMET in it.
<<Snip>>
> I would guess that most of us are extremely interested to read
> about other people's meds and dosages.

Yes, but I wasn't trying to make any point about Sinemet or other
people's meds.  My point was simply that the more specific the
header, the easier it is to decide what to read.

>to err is human. <<Snip>> PD is a neurological disorder
>and short term memory loss is no stranger to us. If we are
>distressed we are probably more concerned with getting our
>message out than worrying about a subject header.

I think I covered this in my opening, but it's so important I
thought I'd use it again in my closing.  By all means, crossing
every T and dotting every I are secondary to people making
contact and receiving support.  We all do what we can.  We all
have disabilities, some more obvious than others, but none of us
are perfect.  Being human and taking care of each other is what's
most important.

>concerns about too full mailboxes, where and how mail got
>sent, seem rather trivial when one is trying to cope with PD and
>all the implications.

Absolutely.

>I will jump off the soap box now - I can say 'jump' because it has
>been a reasonably good day.

Here's wishing you many more "jumping" days.  Thanks for putting
priorities in order