Bruce.... there's a lot of us single Parkies "out there."  I've been single
for 13 years, and to tell you the truth, I'd rather be alone, with all it
implies, than to marry or be in a relationship because of *fear* of being
alone in later years with a chronic disease...OR just to "settle."

As it happens, I date alot, and it's a confirmation of the positive feelings I
have about myself (and to heck with them few negatives... like PD) <rueful
smile>, yet I *am* lonely.  I'm lonely for the warmth and the intimacy.. both
the emotional and physical.. which comes with being a part of a couple.

Still, m'friend, I'd rather face the future with the possibility of being
alone then stuck in a loveless marriage, lonelier WITH a partner than without.
(Been there, and after 20 years, got out.  THAT was *L O N E L Y*)

I don't have any great alternatives to suggest to you... But I presumed from
reading your message that you've not been married before (a rebuttable
presumption, I know).  I felt a need to comment 'cause I've been both married
for a long period of time AND single for a long time, and felt the need to
remind you that old cliche "the grass is always greener on the other side of
the fence," has it's foundation in the truth.

I suggest MAKE the most of NOW... everyday of the week (which you may already
do, and in that case, just delete this puppy). Squeeze the maximum amount of
pleasure and enjoyment (a possible redundancy, but who cares).  If ya can't
take giant steps toward good times and good things, take smaller steps.  But
try to include as many things that you hold precious in to the days and weeks
as you can.  Remind yourself to not only be strong, but to be positive... This
can make the difference between merely exsting, or really living.  It's not
the partner who'd bring you happiness... the seeds to that are already there
within you.

I wish you all those good things that you wish for yourself... G'luck on
finding that "Kristen."

Errrr... getting off  my soapbox...

Barb Mallut