From:   Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf of udi
Sent:   Thursday, March 07, 1996 11:08 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Pallidotomy

Let me introduce myself. My name is Udi and my father has PD for the last
10 years. In the past months his situation got worse and he is considering
pallidotomy. He is afraid of the surgery because of the possible side effects
and needs a lot more information to make his decision. He has heard of
Dr. Lauri Laitinen from Sweden and seems less reluctant to perfrom the
operation
there. He asked me to try and get information via the internet.
So, my questions are:
1.Does anybody have the address (e-mail preferred) of Dr.Laitinen so we can
  contact him.
2.Are there any differences between the different medical centres that perform
  the operation regarding the method of the operation?
3.Which medical centres / doctors are known to have a lot of experience and
good
  results?
4.My father was told that he better wait until enough data are gathered to
estimate the time period
  in which the positive results are in effect. Does anybody know if there
are statistics /articles
  about this.
5.Would people that have undergone the operation by Dr.Laitinen contact me
and tell me about their
  experience.

Thanks alot in advance.
Udi Ron