Good day,

>I suggest MAKE the most of NOW... everyday of the week (which you may already
>do, and in that case, just delete this puppy). Squeeze the maximum amount of
>pleasure and enjoyment (a possible redundancy, but who cares).  If ya can't
>take giant steps toward good times and good things, take smaller steps.  But
>try to include as many things that you hold precious in to the days and weeks
>as you can.  Remind yourself to not only be strong, but to be positive... This
>can make the difference between merely exsting, or really living.  It's not
>the partner who'd bring you happiness... the seeds to that are already there
>within you.
>
>Barb Mallut

        What a nice message Barb!!!!  I think that folks with PD as well as
CareGivers can all profit by remembering it.  I, too often, see people
worrying about tomorrow, fretting about the past, and ignoring the present.
We, none of us, know what the morrow may bring and we certainly can't change
the past so it seems to me that the only thing we really have is the
present.  Therefore, the present is the only thing we can have any control
over and it remains our choice to view it from the bottom of a well or the
top of a mountain.

        Certainly, it's a pain in the database, to live with a designer
disease that affects everyone a bit differently.  Certainly a CareGiver has
his or her own brand of difficulty when living with a loved one with a
debilitating disease.  Now, recognizing the things we can't change, maybe
it's best to look for ways to make things better and to look for little
victories, to look for the things we can change.  I think that if we can
focus on what is good, and pure, and positive it becomes easier to cope with
the negatives that continually insert themselves into our realities.

        Thus endth my 02 cents.
Jeff Jones, CG for Becky, 50/14+. Seattle, WA.