> I want to warn you, this is a trip into depression.
> It started when I came home and found my car was missing.
> I had not driven it because the driver's seat had collapsed

Dear Marvin,

        Once again, I thank you for sharing your experience with PD
through exceptional prose.  I need you to remain with us so that I can
continue to gain insight into how PD affects it's host.  Jamie, my husband
(the chemist) is the strong, silent type who is reluctant to articulate
his ordeal.

        As a nurse, I wanted to let you know that your depression
concerning the loss of your car was normal, and indeed, good.  It's
important to mourn those (negative) milestones.  By learning to say
goodbye your independence in that regard, you can also learn to say hello
to other compensatory mechanism that will help you to remain functional.
-----
Thank you
Mary Ann