On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, Bruce Anderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I wonder what this means for those of us without a "Kristen."
>And I wonder what "caregivers are really ESSENTIAL" means for us
single Parkies.
<SNIP>
>I'm still hoping for a "Kristen!"  Still hoping...
>
>Bruce

Bruce,

I just plain got lucky one day.
I was in my Junior year of college and had been assigned a room next
to a man who was to turn out to be a very good friend. It was the
first day of summer classes and Mike was waiting for his girlfriend
to arrive. We were waiting in the hall outside our rooms when Mike
grinned and pointed down the hall. His girl friend was walking toward
us and walking beside her was an angel. I immediately fell in lust.
She was tall, blonde, slightly over weight and looking at us like we
were some kind of bugs. (Mike was missing a leg and I was a skinney
wheelchair clad wolf.) Mike's girlefriend (Kay) introduced us and she
and Mike dissapeared into his room for a more through reunion.
I invited Kristen into my room to wait (Why she said yes, I don't know
why. I would not have in her place.) I do not remember much of the
conversation except that I suggested she not sit on the bed next to
the wall seperating Mike's room fom mine. You need to be aware of the
fact that as my chair went everywhere with me, I did not need any
other chairs in my room. Therefore, the only other place to sit was on
the bed next to me. Kristen realized the reason for my suggestion when
the activities in the next room became....ah....loud. The rest of the
day is lost to memory. I had eyes only for Kristen and paid attention
only to her. I really don't remember what we did or where we went.
I spent all summer and all of my non-class time in persuit of Kristen.
I also spent the next two semesters at this same joyous task.
She caught me sometime in the second semester. I have been in a
constant state of wonder since that day. She chose me! Why? To this
day I do not know. I only know this....she loves me! When we found out
I had PD I was afraid she would leave. When I expressed this fear, she
 smiled (my heart still skips a beat when she does that) and said
"Never!". When she read your post, Bruce, she said "Tell him he too
can have a 'Kristen'. Go to WalMart, isle 34B. There is a wide
selection to choose from."

Oops! I've gone and done it again! What was ment as a short response
has turned into another ramble. (sigh) I wonder if "rambleitus is a
symptom of PD?

Marvin (Puppy/WerBeagle)
http://rampages.onramp.net/~mgiles/