At 04:05 PM 2/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, I am a forty eight year old man who lives with his wife and daughter in
>the San Francisco Bay Area. My wifes father is in the advanced stages of
>Parkinsons disease, and he has become our charge and responsibility lately as
>my mother in law is physically unable to care for him. He is under the care
>of a the doctors of Kaiser Permanente in Fremont Ca. The reason I am writing
>this message is to look for help in finding the best medical care available
>in this area. I have become convinced he is not getting good care from his
>current hmo. If anyone has any advice for us it would be greatly appreciated,
>we just need to know what direction to go to be sure we are getting the best
>care we can provide for him.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael Beggs

Hi. I would suggest that you contact one of the four national orgianizations
for PD in the US. I did that and they referred me to PD Institute in
Summyvale where there are 5 or 6 neurologists who specialize in PD  and
movement disorders.

I feel it is necesary not only to choose a neurologist but one who is
experienced with
PD.

---Milo
Milo V. Anderson, Ph.D.