Sorry, I forgot the "ca" on the address the first time around--Camilla

Here in Oxford,Ohio we had about 12 persons viewing the symposium--2 or
3 who had never been to our support group. We also had a nurse from the
PD program at U. of Cincinnati (where they are soon to begin doing "Emory
style" pallidotomies--i.e. with "mapping".)She was greatly helpful, and
answered questions in less technical terms, more understandable to lay-folks.
Two things she mentioned-- the importasnce of writing to HCFA about the
possible decision not to have Medicare cover pallidotomy, and the fact that
insurers seem more willingto cover the ones that use the "mapping" technique.
(What experience have others had with this ?)
From our group the evaluation would be that the docs should remember they are
no longer in their conference, talking to each other, and should try harder to
speak in simpler terms for a mostly non-techie audience. It certainly was
worth while, nonetheless, and Peter and I found several points to discuss with
his neuro on the visit next week.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,76/6+,Oxford,OH