Several recent postings have mentioned yawning and throat or jaw or neck pain.
Some episodes of yawning for me in the past included what I might conclude
were overextensions of muscles like cramps that tear tendons a little.
Tempero-mandibular-joint, TMJ, problems came from clenching jaws during
efforts to get some physical tasks done.
I found myself often straining tongue or jaws or neck or lips as a part of
trying to move or lift et cetera.  These dystonic muscle tensionionings for
long times give me sore muscles sometimes.
A wide yawn will sometimes cause a painful cramp or lock-jaw pain if the
muscles and tendons are already sore and sensitive.
I do not work so hard or often any longer, but do find I yawn often - and
consider this a smptom of not breathing deeply enough.  It is my opinion
that my progressive slowness and very seldom getting my exercise movements
rate high enough to truly stress my cardiovascular system is gradually
damaging my overall cardiovascular tone or capability due to slowness of
motion capability.  I cannot jump very well any longer - even if I try when
at my normal best.  The legs just dont have much spring (fast motion) in
them.
Do many of you have this lack of spring?  I cannot throw a ball as fast or
as far - nor toss horseshoes the 40 feet very often without maximum effort.

I think my PD general slowing is pumping less blood everywhere also.  this
cannot be beneficial - and may be sort of cyclical in bringing the
nutrients into thebrain and removing the detritus.  Maybe any activity
maximizing our brain blood flow is the best remedy  for us in the reality
that our bodies know the most about how they work - and the blood flowing
is the supplier of the good and remover of the metabolites and byproducts.
It ain't easy to go fast no more!

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/