In message <[log in to unmask]> Parkinson's Disease - Information
Exchange Network writes:
> hello
>
> i just joined this group several days ago and am not quite sure what i'm
> doing?
>
> i e-mail my two children in college every day and all of a sudden i'm getting
> a lot of mail
>
> i am new diagnosed pd young(50) with many questions and concerns
>   my major symptoms were lost my handwriting(am a teacher), tightness of
> right fingers and right toes, and worst of all dragging of right foot and
> poor balance
>
> will just ask 3 questions?
>
> 1. am on generic sinemet - has anyone ever noticed difference of potency of
> generic drug-i have and talked to my pharmicist - he said the companies get
> generics made by company that will do it for least cost - plan to buy a
> persciption of sinemet not generic and see if any difference?
>
> 2. also take eldepryl-just in several days i've been reading this e-mail i
> have seen very conflicting comments on it ??
>
> 3. saw a second doctor who suggested i try to use permax and slowly get off
> sinemet(i actually asked her if there was anything else i could do so i don't
> use sinemet too, soon  and start side effects too soon), any comments on
> permax?
>
> thank you, look forward to replies
>
> judith([log in to unmask])

Judith - My wife, 76/10+, uses generic carbidopa/levodopa with no discernible
differences in action as compared to Sinemet. I know that there are varied
opinions about this.
         Eldepryl was a disaster for her. While she felt great on it for 2 or 3
months, it completely suppressed her appetite. She lost 30+ lbs. which she has
never really recovered.
         Hang in there.   Bob Howard

Bob Howard, occasionally known formally as:
Robert B. Howard <[log in to unmask]>
1320 Wisconsin St.
Hudson, WI 54016
Voice phone (714) 386 3596