I saw the March 15th program on 20/20 about the
brain stimulation proceedure at the University of
Kansas Medical Center. They interviewed Dr. Koeller
(not sure of the spelling) and two patients who have
undergone the surgery. The segment included tapes of the
patients before and after the surgery and showed how  it
almost totally relieved their tremors. It also showed
how they could turn the implanted stimulator on and off
with a small magnet.
   I may have missed some of the report (having been
interrupted a number of times), but they never referred
to the procedure as pallidal stimulation surgery, although
it sounded just like it. I also noticed that it was
described as effective treatment for tremors, but didn't
discuss it's role in PD treatment. Did anyone else who saw
the program have a similar reaction or know more about
Dr. Koeller andd the University of Kansas program?
Let me know if I just didn't get all the information
right. Thanks.
Linda Herman