At 09:19 PM 3/17/96 -0500, Judith wrote:

>2. also take eldepryl-just in several days i've been reading this e-mail i
>have seen very conflicting comments on it ??
>
>3. saw a second doctor who suggested i try to use permax and slowly get off
>sinemet(i actually asked her if there was anything else i could do so i don't
>use sinemet too, soon  and start side effects too soon), any comments on
>permax?

Judith,

Per your request for comments:

2) The verdict seems to be out still on Eldepryl - but in principal it seems
to be the best bet (of the available medications) for slowing the progress
of PD.
I've been on it for almost 2 years without any way to judge its effects -
but since the side effects (for me) are virtually none (except $$) why not??

3) My experiences with Permax were very negative, but like most meds for PD,
both positive and negatives vary from one individual to another.  Build your
dosage up SLOWLY and watch out for nausea, lethargy, decreased cognitive
abilities, and falling asleep while driving (by far the most dangerous).
Remember, you can always discontinue the med if the side-effect profile is
too nasty, so there is no reason not to try.

Charlie Anjard; Lancaster, PA, USA;  47/6