Hello.  I am a new subscriber.  My name is Jeannette Toews and my father-in
law has been a Parkinson patient now for going on 10+ years.  We are finding
things very difficult these days.  It seems he has been suffering from chest
and abdomen pain this last year. The chest pain is particularly worrisome
and he is on heart medication.  Whe he has a major attack (not a heart
attack just pain) the hospital of course admits him and that is where it
seems the trouble starts.  To alleviate the chest pain he is usually
prescribed morphine.  During his stay at the hospital and for at least 2 to
3 weeks afterwards he becomes very paranoid and each time he has an episode
he never fully is the same personality wise.  The question we have is this a
common reaction that Parkinson patients have to the drug and is there an
other drug that can be prescribed to ease the pain that does not have this
side effect.

We have read the material on email from the last 2 days and find that it is
very enlightening and have had many questions answered.

Thanks
Jeannette Toews ([log in to unmask])
Nanaimo BC