HELLO!  I am a new subscriber.  My name is Jeannette Toews and my
father-in-law has been a Parkinson patient now for going on 10+ years.  We
are finding things very difficult these days.  It seems he has been
suffering from chest and abdomen pain this last year.  The chest pain is
particularly worrisome.  When he has a major attack the hospital of course
admits him and that is where it seems the trouble starts.  To aleviate the
chest pain he is usually prescribed morphine.  During his stay at the
hospital and for at least 2 to 3 weeks afterwards he becomes very paranoid
and he time he has an episode he never fully is the same.  The question we
have is this a common reaction that Parkinson patients have to the drug and
is there an other drug that can be prescribed to ease the pain that does not
have this side effect.

We have read the material on email from the last 2 days and find that it is
very enlightening and have had many questions answered.

thanks
Jeannette Toews ([log in to unmask])
Nanaimo BC