Hi Everyone,

Last night on Channel 2 10:00 News there was a segment on the pallidotomy
program at The Glenbrook/Evanston Hospitals in Illinois.  My med. director,
Dr. Michael Rezak was on the air and was shown in the operating room with his
pallidotomy team, including Dr. Ted Eller, the neurosurgeon. They showed how
the mapping of brain cells is done, and what those cells actually sound like
as they are being tracked. The mapping allows for a more accurate placement
of the lesion. The segment showed a clip of a patient prior to the surgury
and then afterwards when he was again able to play the paino.

I think this might have been shown locally only.  Did anyone see it?

Susan Reese
Director
APDA YOPD Information & Referral Center
1-800/223-9776